Danville Family Eye Care will be re-opening to “routine” eye care beginning May 4th. Our team has been working on contacting all patients who had appointments canceled during this crisis and getting them rescheduled for a time and date convenient to them. We will have our phone system operating normally starting May 4th.
Due to the continuing spread of COVID-19, we have had to adjust our operating procedures. We ask that you review the following information so you can be familiar with the “new normal” as we go forward. The changes we have made is for the safety of our team and our patients.
To adhere to social distancing guidelines, we are trying to limit the amount of people in our office at any given time. With this in mind, we have made the following changes:
- We are requesting that only the patient, and if necessary, a single parent/caregiver be present at the exam.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please CALL or TEXT our office to alert us of your arrival. We will then call or text you when it is safe for you to enter.
- We are happy to provide curbside dispensing and adjustments. If you are having a problem with your glasses, we will ask you to make an appointment.
- We have expanded our frame room to be able to showcase more of the frame lines we both love. The added bonus is that it also allows us to have a greater distance between patients in the optical area.
In an effort to reduce the risk of viral spread, we will be asking you the following questions prior to admittance:
- Have you or anyone in your household been diagnosed with COVID 19 in the past 14 days or have had a known exposure?
- Have you or anyone in your household displayed any symptoms of COVID 19 in the past 14 days, such as a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or fever?
- IF YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS BEEN ILL, WE WILL ASK YOU TO RESCHEDULE FOR AT LEAST 14 DAYS OUT. If you are ill, but experiencing what you think may be an emergency, we will set up a telehealth visit to review your case and determine if you need to be seen in our office and what precautions may be necessary to keep our team safe.
EVERYONE IS ASKED TO WEAR A MASK IN THE OFFICE. If you do not have one, a disposable one will be provided. If you have a medical condition that makes it difficult to wear a mask, please advise us ahead of your appointment so the appropriate precautions can be taken. Upon entry, EVERYONE WILL NEED TO SANITIZE THEIR HANDS, prior to checking in.
For those shopping for new eyewear, please let our opticians assist you in the process. We will have containers for every pair that was tried on so they can be cleaned and sanitized prior to returning to the displays.
DFEC has always had stringent sanitization procedures. We will continue to clean our exam rooms and equipment before and after every patient. Toys and magazines have been removed from our waiting areas. Common surfaces such as counters, tables, chairs, pens, and door handles will be wiped down after every patient and frequently through out the day. Together we can reduce the risk of viral spread.
Thank You, the DFEC Team